Protecting personal details on our website.
Last updated: 12th April 2016
The Website is brought to you by ABC4D Ltd. We believes it is important to protect your Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) and we are committed to giving you a service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. This policy explains how we may collect Personal Data about you.
Some of the Personal Data we hold about you may be ‘sensitive personal data’ within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998, for example, information about your health or ethnic origin.
We may collect Personal Data about you from a number of sources, including the following:
- From you when you agree to take a service or product from us, in which case this may include your contact details, date of birth, how you will pay and your bank details.
- From you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case, this may tell us something about how you use our services.
Using Your Personal Information
- Personal Data about our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
- To help us to identify you when you contact us.
- To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss.
- We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance.
- We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
- We may allow other people and organisations to use Personal Data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us, about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
We have strict security measures to protect Personal Data.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
- If you communicate with us using the internet, we may occasionally email you about our services and products. When you first give us Personal Data through the Website, we will normally give you the opportunity to say whether you would prefer us not to contact you by email. You can also always send us an email (at the address set out below) at any time if you change your mind.
- Please remember that communications over the internet, such as emails and webmails (messages sent through a website), are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before they are delivered – this is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our control.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your computer. These are called ‘cookies’.
These cookies cannot be used to identify you personally and are used to improve services for you, for example through:
– Letting you navigate between pages efficiently
– Enabling a service to recognise your computer so you don’t have to give the same information during one task
– Recognising that you have already given a username and password so you don’t need to enter it for every web page requested
– Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and that there is enough capacity to ensure they are fast
See allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu to learn more about cookies.
Visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies for a video about cookies.
Users typically have the opportunity to set their browser to accept all or some cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these options, of course, means that personalised services cannot be provided and the user may not be able to take full advantage of all of a website’s features. Refer to your browser’s Help section for specific guidance on how it allows you to manage cookies and how you may delete cookies you wish to remove from your computer.
Multiple cookies may be found in a single file depending on which browser you use.
The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide, as follows:
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provide
- If you would like access to the Personal Data that we hold about you, you can do this by emailing email@example.com or writing to us at the address noted above. There may be a nominal charge of £10 to cover administrative costs.
- We aim to keep the Personal Data we hold about you accurate and up to date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you, we will delete it or correct it promptly. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address above to update your Personal Data.